Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Jake's Fault - 2005 Shiraz


We bought this wine at Trader Joe's for $4.99 - the label was pretty attractive and it was on display in the center of the wine section.

Alexis [87 points]
I like the wine... it's not complex and it doesn't dazzle you with many different flavours one after the other, but it has a nice full feel and the flavour is round with fruit (what kind... I have no idea... maybe cherries?). Not a wine to keep on that "must try again" list, but definitely a nice table wine for dinner. Very drinkable.

Andrew [83 points]
When I first opened the wine, a little drop spilled out as I was pouring it and when I tasted it, it seemed a little bland. I swirled it in the glass a bit, but I didn't get a whole lot of smell from the wine (admittedly, I do have a slight cold). The first taste had a little berry-tartness and not much of an aftertaste. Not really the full-bodiedness that I would expect from a Shiraz. The majority of flavor seems to come at the back of my throat. The wine goes down really easy - not a lot of vapor(?), aroma, or taste to it. Not my favorite.

No comments: